In order to help professional athletes gain access to quality education and improve their job training, Johan Cruyff Institute has launched the Johan Cruyff Institute Scholarship Program – the Cruyff Athlete Fund (hereinafter “the Program”).
2. Purpose of the Program
Participation in the Program implies acceptance of these Rules of Participation (the “Rules”).
The main objective of the Program is to help professional athletes fulfil their personal and professional expectations, promoting postgraduate academic education through the granting of financial aid for access to Johan Cruyff Institute academic programs.
To this end, Johan Cruyff Institute presents its Announcement of Scholarships for the September-October 2020-2021 academic year for the master's and postgraduate degree courses of Johan Cruyff Institute specified in these Rules.
Johan Cruyff Institute
announces scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year for completing the following master's and postgraduate programs of Johan Cruyff Institute
in their online format:
- Master in Sport Management in English and/or Spanish
- Master in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship in English and/or Spanish
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management in English and/or Spanish
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship in English and/or Spanish
- Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business in English and/or Spanish
The application process will open on September 2nd of 2019 and will close at 07:00 p.m. (Spanish time) on May 15th, 2020.
4-. Candidate requirements
The Program scholarships are aimed at all individuals over 18 years of age, of any nationality and residence, who meet the following requirements:
5. Applications and documentation
- Being of the required age at the time of submitting the participation application.
- Being a professional athlete with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience. These are professional athletes who do sport within the scope of the organisation and running of a sports club or body, regularly and in return for remuneration. The "professional" nature of the athlete results from the fact that they participate in official sports competitions of a professional nature and at a national level, in accordance with the provisions of the Sports Act of 1990.
- Not being a beneficiary of any other scholarship or public or private financial support to study the courses for which the Scholarship is requested.
Those interested in participating in the Program must send the duly completed Application Form and the required documentation, according to the model available on the The Cruyff Athlete Fund website: https://thecruyffathletefund.com/en during the application period and fulfil all the requirements stipulated in these Rules.
The deadline for submitting applications is 07:00 p.m. (Spanish time) on May 15th, 2020.
Incorrect completion of the form or failure to send any of the required documentation in each of the phases may result in the candidate being automatically excluded from the selection process.
6.- Selection process and nomination of candidates
Johan Cruyff Institute will select candidates for scholarships from the participants, placing value on the following conditions:
- Professional athlete participants who do a minority sport;
- Active athlete participants over thirty (30) years of age, with an international background, who are interested in receiving academic training for professional reasons after retiring from playing professional sport;
- Athlete participants particularly interested in broadening their academic training.
The scholarships will be awarded to participants by Johan Cruyff Institute on a discretionary basis. The list of candidates approved by Johan Cruyff Institute will be final and indisputable. Johan Cruyff Institute will not provide any information on rejected applications.
Johan Cruyff Institute will inform nominated candidates of the awarding of the scholarships through any of the means provided for in these rules and will grant a period of ten (10) days for them to provide all the documentation required for them to enrol in the scholarship academic programs. Failure to submit this documentation on time may result in the scholarship award being revoked.
7.- Provision of support, economic conditions and taxes
7.1 The scholarships will consist of a financial support that is equivalent to 100% of the tuition fees of the academic programs listed in these rules, which will be used entirely to pay for the tuition of the academic program in question. However, the scholarship holders must pay the enrolment fees which are €150 (one hundred and fifty euros).
7.2 Once the scholarship has been accepted, any subsequent renunciation to complete the academic program that is the object of the scholarship, or the revocation of the scholarship due to the scholarship holder failing to meet their obligations, will result in the loss of the enrolment fees.
7.3 In no case will the scholarship be exchangeable or reimbursable in cash and it cannot be applied to other announcements of Johan Cruyff Institute.
7.4 The scholarship holder undertakes to comply with all of their tax obligations as a beneficiary of the scholarship.
8.- Program participation conditions
Participation in the Program implies express acceptance of each and every one of the resolutions produced during the course of it, including its final resolution. All decisions are considered binding for participants in this Program, and will be indisputable.
Recognition as a participant is subject to compliance with the requirements established in these Rules. Failure to comply with them will result in the automatic disqualification of the participant.
Participants in the Program undertake to fulfil the following obligations:
9.- Processing of personal data
- At the request of Johan Cruyff Institute, the candidate must substantiate, with original or certified documents, the information that has been sent by means of photocopies or electronic files during the selection process. Likewise, Johan Cruyff Institute may request from them certifications of any other information mentioned in their CV.
- Complete the course program, according to the application submitted. Candidates who obtain a scholarship will be obliged to start the academic program in the September announcement of the 2020-2021 academic year and complete their course according to the estimated period stipulated in the curriculum of the corresponding program.
- If the scholarship holder fails to meet the aforementioned commitments -or any others included in the conditions of the scholarship-, Johan Cruyff Institute reserves the right to proceed as it sees fit, and even request the payment of the course completed up until that point if the scholarship holder does not complete the scholarship program in the estimated period.
In accordance with the provisions of current legislation on personal data protection, we inform you in relation to the processing of personal data provided when submitting your scholarship application and additional information included in it, as well as regarding the processing of personal data, in case you become beneficiaries of the Program scholarships.
The Personal Data Controller is the company JOHAN CRUYFF ACADEMICS INTERNATIONAL, S.L., which announces the Program scholarships and whose contact details are:
JOHAN CRUYFF ACADEMICS INTERNATIONAL, S.L.
Calle Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona
The purpose of processing the personal data of participants in the Program is to analyse their suitability and to be able to perform a selection process for the possible awarding of the scholarship as reported in these rules.
Data controllers guarantee confidentiality in the processing of personal data, processing exclusively that data which, having been sent by the owner thereof, they consider necessary for the purposes previously communicated, and the application of appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee a level according to the risk of probability and seriousness for the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
The data will be processed exclusively for the purposes outlined, with it not being possible to process the data subsequently for purposes incompatible with those described. If it is used for purposes other than those outlined above, any relevant information will be provided prior to the new processing.
The personal data of applicants will be processed during the announcement and for 6 (six) months after the award of the scholarships; at the end of this period the personal data will be deleted, unless its use has been authorised for other purposes, in which case informed processing will be carried out until consent is revoked.
The data of scholarship beneficiaries will be processed during the period in which the beneficiary is receiving the scholarship and at the end of this, it will be kept blocked during the legally required period for any responsibilities arising from the purpose of the processing and during the limitation period of those responsibilities. At the end of the aforementioned period, the data will be deleted or rendered anonymous, only keeping the data that is necessary to control access to new announcements by previous beneficiaries.
The legal basis for the processing of the data of the applicants is the application of the rules of the announcement for which they have completed the application; in the case of scholarship beneficiaries the execution of the contract signed through the acceptance letter, the consent when required for processing data according to other informed purposes and the legitimate interest of Johan Cruyff Academics International, S.L. in the internal administrative management of its activity.
Program participants have the right to access the personal data provided, and to request the rectification of any inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as well as exercise the right of opposition and limitation to the processing and portability of the data.
They may exercise those rights by contacting Johan Cruyff Academics International, S.L. (Calle Pomaret 8, 08017 Barcelona, Spain).
If participants provide data controllers with any personal data referring to other natural persons, resulting from the application and/or award of the scholarship, they must, prior to its communication, inform them and obtain their consent.
- Johan Cruyff Institute reserves the right to exclude from the Announcement any participants who made fraudulent use of the means of participation.
- Johan Cruyff Institute reserves the right to modify these Rules if the occurrence of circumstances is legitimately detected that reasonably justifies this or that could affect the objectivity and transparency of the Announcement.
- Any incident that might arise or that is not reflected in these Rules will be resolved by Johan Cruyff Institute to the best of its ability.
- Participation in the Announcement means accepting that Spanish legislation will be applicable to the Rules.
- The rules of this Announcement will be available on the microsite housed on the website of Johan Cruyff Institute and will be available to anybody who wishes to consult them.
- Participation in this announcement implies the express waiver of any jurisdiction to which the participants may be entitled, accepting the jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Barcelona for clarifying any matter on the interpretation, application and execution of these Rules.